Business Analyst (Associate)
We are a decentralized, multi-brand technology platform saving companies from Amazon. We acquire, create, foster, and prepare retail/e-commerce companies to stand on their own. Our proprietary tech and centralized teams turbocharge stalled companies.
CSC Generation is backed by leading investors including: China Science & Merchants Investment Management Group (CSC), Khosla Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Maveron, Quest Venture Partners and Panasonic. The Company has offices in the Greater Chicago Area, Los Angeles, CA, Palo Alto, CA, Toronto, and Austin, TX.
- Be responsible for operating "platform subsidiaries" ranging from P&L ownership, launching new products, business development, business intelligence, merchandising, recruiting, to general operations.
- (Eventually) lead the analysis of acquisition opportunities (i.e. outreach, fit within mandate/strategy, benefits and considerations, financial modelling, valuation, returns and integration)
- Prepare materials that enable efficient executive decision-making
- Help to hire, train and develop investment and operational professionals
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Pre-MBA, majored in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering or Computer Science
- Has 2+ years of relevant full-time work experience in an analytical environment
- Investor mindset with strong financial acumen
- Has excellent judgement and enjoys working with a high degree of independence
- Can distill complex details into concise, decision-ready briefings
- Has the necessary transaction and business intelligence skills (e.g. due diligence, modeling, valuation)
What’s in it for you?
- Base + bonus + equity.
- Work with other top performers from a diverse set of industries
- No suits or ties.
- We don't require an MBA to get promoted. Our founder/CEO dropped out of high school.
- Massive career growth. If you're good, you are eligible for a promotion every 6 months. Top analysts have become CEOs of $100M businesses within 2 years.