Director of Engineering
We are a decentralized, multi-brand technology platform saving companies from Amazon. We acquire, create, foster, and prepare retail/e-commerce companies to stand on their own. Our proprietary tech and centralized teams turbocharge stalled companies.
You're someone who isn't afraid to take ownership of a product or process and run with it. You're ready to run your team your way. You're fluent and comfortable with multiple frameworks and programming languages. You like having other senior devs around you that can push you forward by challenging you. If this sounds like you, you're going to be a great fit with our team.
At CSC Generation we're tech turn-around artists, helping underperforming companies realize their potential and launching new products that complement our existing businesses in two to three weeks. At the rate we're growing, if you're successful and want it, you'll have the opportunity to become a CTO/CIO of one or more of our companies. This is a hands on role where you will deliver features as an individual contributor and help build/lead a team.
We work on / with technologies that are both fun to develop and work well in production:
- mysql + elasticsearch + redis + Postgres + Redshift
- ansible & docker
Your day to day will vary but may include:
- Driving key solutions on critical architecture and platforms
- Collaborating with other engineers, devs, analysts, product managers, and company leaders
- Lead product and architecture
- Set example in both work ethic, and code quality. Push the team and drive productivity.
- Building and improving passive search and filters with Elasticsearch
- Building and improving proactive, automated product recommendations based on user behavior, sales and product styles.
- Building ETL data pipelines in Python.
- Building performant frontend components in React.js. Helping to standardize design language by building a “living, functional styled guide” in React.
- Replacing legacy code and services. Helping the team to adopt a more service oriented design pattern
- Optimizing the stack
Our ideal candidate:
What's in it for you:
- strong comp package, benefits, and equity
- massive career growth opportunities
- work with a competent, experienced engineering team
- casual environment