Lead Software Engineer
CSC Generation is re-inventing the retail industry by rolling it up on our technology platform (credit, e-commerce, and supply chain). We are a $100M+ company, organized like a startup with top talent from Silicon Valley and beyond.
We employ an agile, data-driven approach to building products. We use feedback from users to guide our roadmap; we deploy continuously throughout the day and automatically scale our infrastructure to handle high demand.
The Lead Engineer is a hands on role designed to lead product and architecture, solve technical challenges, contribute as an individual, and help build our team(s). By “hands-on” we don’t mean working with your team on technical problems on a daily basis or leading code reviews. We expect every member of the team, including you, to be actively committing and pushing code changes to one or more of our repositories. We love to code, profile, tinker, refactor, and engineer, and we hope you do, too!
Your day to day will vary but include:
- Building and improving passive search and filters with Elasticsearch
- Building and improving proactive, automated product recommendations based on user behavior, sales and product styles.
- Building ETL data pipelines in Python.
- Building performant frontend components in React.js. Helping to standardize design language by building a “living, functional styled guide” in React.
- Replacing legacy code and services
- Opitmizing the stack
- Building frameworks for upcoming projects
- Triaging tickets for the sprint. Plan product roadmap
- Becoming the point of contact for business teams. Communicating techincal details, pushing back on requests when needed.
- Pushing the team and driving productivity
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You're someone who isn't afraid to take ownership of a product or process and run with it. You're ready to run your team your way.
- You like having other senior devs around you that can push you forward by challenging you.
- Believes in finding the best solution, not just one that works
What's in it for you:
- Strong comp package, benefits, and equity
- Opportunity to become a CTO/CIO of one or more of our companies
- Work with a competent, experienced engineering team
- Casual work environment