As a CSC Generation company, DirectBuy has undergone massive positive changes with a focus on launching new innovative products leveraging vendor relationships and CSC Generation tech platforms. Our merchandising team is a key component of our continued success and we're growing!
As a Category Manager, you will be responsible for driving online sales through vendor sourcing, online assortment expansion, and optimizing the availability of products online in your category. You will leverage data (including website analytics, online sales reporting and customer feedback) to recommend and execute merchandising strategies that improve digital user experience and business results. Working closely with product content and operations, you will resolve category and product issues as they arise, determine product selection, and assets needed to support merchandising features.
Key aspects of the job include:
- Competitive analysis on price, messaging, and best sellers
- Supplier recommendations
- Market trend analysis
- Vendor/supplier management, selection, and negotiation
- Participate in merchandising campaigns including: emails, landing pages, and other digital assets
Our ideal candidate:
- Can confidently negotiate terms and pricing with vendors.
- Has knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Has retail math literacy, strong analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Is entrepreneurial. When you identify a problem or inefficiency, you scheme up a better way.
- Competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision), base salary + bonus
- Massive career growth. If you're good, you are eligible for a promotion every 6 month