We are a decentralized, multi-brand technology platform saving companies from Amazon. We acquire, create, foster, and prepare retail/e-commerce companies to stand on their own. Our proprietary tech and centralized teams turbocharge stalled companies.
In your role as our first data scientist, your upside is unlimited. Of course, you will be expected to utilize mathematical models to improve our customer experience, product, marketing, and profitability, but we would want you to build a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and data analysts to make yourself scalable. This position will challenge both your analytical rigor and your ability to identify business opportunities and solve them utilizing math and analytics.
Your Typical Day:
- Data gathering and cleaning, analysis, forecasting, optimization, results validation / testing, and presenting recommendations to the leadership team.
- Build analysis processes and pipelines to guide business decisions at scale.
- Utilize deep understanding of user behaviors to predict customer needs.
- Enable various departments ranging from product to marketing to operate more analytically.
- Research and follow major improvements / developments / optimizations made by our competitors.
Our ideal candidate:
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering). In lieu of an advanced degree, 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as a statistician / data scientist / computational biologist / bioinformatician) required.
- Proficient at writing code in at least one modern language/framework
- Applied experience with cleaning large datasets.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. R, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL)
- Experience identifying business problems and selecting/finding the most appropriate data sets and statistical models to formulate solutions.
- Demonstrated creativity and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness and passion to study / explore unconventional datasets.
- Can’t wait to use their analytical skills to solve real business problems.
What's in it for you:
- Massive career growth opportunities in a growing organization
- Competitive comp package, benefits, and equity
- Work with a competent, experienced engineering team, direct exposure to highly competent business managers
- No suits or ties.
- Competitive benefits, salary, and equity