You work hard, you’re dedicated, you’re a retail product pro; but financial and career growth opportunities aren’t there with your company. If this sounds familiar, we want to hear from you!
DirectBuy’s merchandising team is a key component of our success and we're growing. We need people who understand what’s important to customers when considering a new purchase; who know the best names and products in furniture, appliances, home goods, décor, electronics, jewelry, and apparel; and want to take a massive step forward in their career. By hitting clearly attainable metrics, our top performing buyers will be eligible for $5-$10k in additional compensation (above base salary) as well as promotion opportunities.
As a junior buyer, you will work with manufacturers (vendors) to negotiate pricing, recommend new suppliers, and study market trends while ensuring DirectBuy secures vendors and merchandise at cost competitive levels.
Your day to day will vary but include:
- Negotiating pricing and terms with potential vendors to onboard them with DirectBuy
- Assisting in developing purchasing plans
- Recommending suppliers based on your research
- Managing ongoing vendor relationships to position DirectBuy as a retailer of choice
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 2-3yrs prior experience in merchandising, buying, retail, or similar with a focus on consumer products
- Has a passion and knowledge for home improvement, design, décor, electronics, apparel, etc.
- Knows their way around Excel and can confidently create dashboards, reports, and data driven analysis
- Has exceptional communication skills, strong attention to detail, and problem solving skills
- Has a bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required)
What’s in it for you
- Starting base salary of $40k with comp/performance reviews every 6mo + incentive comp of $5-$10k for top performers
- Massive career growth with a growing company
- Casual work environment
- FREE DirectBuy membership
- Free gym membership
- Birthday off with pay
- Competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.)