Business Analyst (Associate)
CSC Generation is a multi-brand technology platform that is saving companies from Amazon. We acquire, create, foster and prepare retail/e-commerce companies to stand on their own. We are operators, innovators, product specialists, lawyers, finance experts, marketers and analysts. We take a long-term view when it comes to incubating, investing and growing companies, using our operational expertise and proprietary technology to turbocharge stalled companies.
CSC Generation is backed by leading investors including: China Science & Merchants Investment Management Group (CSC), Khosla Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Maveron, Quest Venture Partners and Panasonic. CSC Generation has offices in the Greater Chicago Area, Sunnyvale, CA, Toronto, ON and Austin, TX.
Associates onboard at our Chicago area HQ for 4-6mo with corporate housing available; afterwhich you will have the option to stay in the Chicago area or work remotely, traveling as needed.
As an Associate, your peers will be ex-investment bankers, start-up executives, and product specialists from top tier firms including Houlihan Lokey, Jefferies, Macquarie, and VGI Partners.
You'll have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and build a company. Most associates start in a role such as a director of finance or director of business intelligence at one of our portfolio companies. They learn how to run a company from the inside out, using CSC's playbook.
Top associates are promoted quickly, and will ultimately be responsible for the P&L of one of our portfolio companies as a General Manager. GMs sit on our investment committee and take the lead on tuck-in deals
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Pre-MBA, majored in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering or Computer Science
- Has 2+ years of relevant full-time work experience in an analytical environment
- Investor mindset with strong financial acumen
- Has excellent judgement and enjoys working with a high degree of independence
- Can distill complex details into concise, decision-ready briefings
- Has the necessary transaction and business intelligence skills (e.g. due diligence, modelling, valuation)
What’s in it for you?
- Base + bonus + equity.
- Company benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- No incompetence. We recognize that hiring and retaining incompetent people is the #1 way to drive away top performers.
- No suits or ties.
- We don't require an MBA to get promoted. Our founder/CEO dropped out of high school.
- Massive career growth. If you're good, you are eligible for a promotion every 6 months. Top analysts have become CEOs of $100M businesses within 2 years.