Business Analyst (Associate)
CSC Generation is a multi-brand technology platform that is saving companies from Amazon. We acquire, create, foster and prepare retail/e-commerce companies to stand on their own. We are operators, innovators, product specialists, lawyers, finance experts, marketers and analysts. We take a long-term view when it comes to incubating, investing and growing companies, using our operational expertise and proprietary technology to turbocharge stalled companies.
CSC Generation is backed by leading investors including: China Science & Merchants Investment Management Group (CSC), Khosla Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Maveron, Quest Venture Partners and Panasonic.
Associates onboard at our Chicago area HQ for 1-3mo with corporate housing available; afterwhich you will have the option to stay in the Chicago area or work remotely, traveling as needed.
As an Associate, your peers will be ex-investment bankers, start-up executives, and product specialists from top tier firms including Houlihan Lokey, Jefferies, Macquarie, and VGI Partners.
You'll have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and build a company. Most associates start in a role such as a director of finance or director of business intelligence at one of our portfolio companies. They learn how to run a company from the inside out, using CSC's playbook.
Top associates are promoted quickly, and will ultimately be responsible for the P&L of one of our portfolio companies as a General Manager. GMs sit on our investment committee and take the lead on tuck-in deals
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Pre-MBA, majored in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering or Computer Science
- Has 3+ years of relevant full-time work experience in an analytical environment
- Investor mindset with strong financial acumen
- Has excellent judgement and enjoys working with a high degree of independence
- Can distill complex details into concise, decision-ready briefings
- Has the necessary transaction and business intelligence skills (e.g. due diligence, modeling, valuation)
What’s in it for you?
- Base + bonus + equity.
- Company benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- No incompetence. We recognize that hiring and retaining incompetent people is the #1 way to drive away top performers.
- No suits or ties.
- We don't require an MBA to get promoted. Our founder/CEO dropped out of high school.
- Massive career growth. If you're good, you are eligible for a promotion every 6 months. Top analysts have become CEOs of $100M businesses within 2 years.