We are a decentralized, multi-brand technology platform saving companies from Amazon. We acquire, create, foster, and prepare retail/e-commerce companies to stand on their own. Our proprietary tech and centralized teams turbocharge stalled companies.
We've saved another company, adding one of the largest and oldest retailers in the country to our portfolio. They’ve been given a new life as a part of CSC Generation, and we need motivated vendor sourcing specialists (category manager/brand manager/buyer) to secure merchandise vendors through calls, emails, and networking; quickly growing our category offerings. Our categories include: men's/women's apparel, accessories, comsetics, gifts, furniture, appliances, electronics and more.
You will be responsible for driving online sales through vendor sourcing, online assortment expansion, and optimizing the availability of products online in your category. You will leverage data (including website analytics, online sales reporting and customer feedback) to recommend and execute merchandising strategies that improve digital user experience and business results.
Your day to day will vary but include:
- Sourcing new vendors to grow product offerings
- Partnering with onboarding specialists to ensure new vendors are quickly integrated
- Competitive analysis on price, messaging, and best sellers
- Supplier recommendations
- Market trend analysis
- Vendor/supplier management, selection, and negotiation
- Participate in merchandising campaigns including: emails, landing pages, and other digital assets
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3 - 5 years in a buyer, assistant buyer, or merchandising role
- Experience working directly with vendors and managing accounts
- Can confidently negotiate terms and pricing with vendors.
- Has knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knows what a vlookup is
- Has strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Creative thinker / problem solver. When you identify a problem or inefficiency, you scheme up a better way
- Is hard working, dedicated, and relentless
- Competitive base salary + bonus.
- Opportunity to help build and grow a business
- Massive career growth. If you're good, you're eligible for a promotion every 6 months.
Note: travel to our Chicago area office may be required as needed