Associate Category Manager
We own and operate four e-commerce businesses, and we're hiring an Associate Category Manager to focus specifically on DirectBuy. DirectBuy is a savings club that guarantees the best prices on nearly everything for your home and lifestyle.
Members of DirectBuy are able to eliminate retail markups by buying direct from hundreds of top brands in categories such as flooring, appliances, furniture, and more.
As an Associate Category Manager, you will be responsible for driving online sales through vendor sourcing, online assortment expansion, and optimizing the availability of products online in your category. You will leverage data (including website analytics, online sales reporting and customer feedback) to recommend and execute merchandising strategies that improve digital user experience and business results. Working closely with product content and operations, you will resolve category and product issues as they arise, determine product selection, and assets needed to support merchandising features.
Key aspects of the job include:
- Competitive analysis on price, messaging, and best sellers
- Supplier recommendations
- Market trend analysis
- Vendor/supplier management, selection, and negotiation
- Participate in merchandising campaigns including: emails, landing pages, and other digital assets
- Can confidently negotiate terms and pricing with vendors.
- Has knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Has retail math literacy, strong analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Is entrepreneurial. When you identify a problem or inefficiency, you scheme up a better way.